- Alvin Week 7 reflection
- Own Your Online Identity
- Helen – Blog redesign and PIB Assessment
- Renee – What’s Going On Here and The Measure of a Blog
- Rubi – PIB Assignment – Individual Blog Changes
- What I’m changing about my blog
- Vera – analysis of two blogs and Strengthen your blog’s personality
- Ziwen – Usability analysis on Ziwen’s blog and Blog and podcast analysis
Thoughts on Podcasting, Distribution (pptx)
- Alvin – 7 ways to increase your podcast subscriptions
- 12 ways to promote your podcast (Jake Ludington)
- How to publish a podcast to iTunes (with FeedForAll RSS feed – Mac Only)
- How to publish a podcast to iTunes (video)
- How to publish a podcast to iTunes (Apple)
- Podcast technical specs (Apple)
- Blogs v Newspapers (Helen – IFBC
- Complement real-world activities (manager-tools.com)
Podcasts to check out
- Community Divas
- Stuff You Should Know
- PRSA ….On The Record
- UNICEF video podcasts
- TPN: The Digital Photography Show (defunct)
- Group Assignment 1:
Do the above (individual) assignment as a group. Identify at least five places you can promote your podcast. Consider Facebook or MySpace or other social networking sites — what are the pluses/minuses of using them to promote your podcast? How would you go about doing that? Finally, why did you pick the channels that you did? One post per group here, as a comment on this page.
- Group Assignment 2:
What are the keywords that you should be associating with your blog/podcast in order for it to be “found”? As a group, brainstorm keywords that you think are appropriate for your content — you can use these keywords to develop content (use them in blog posts and for certain in your podcast description!) or you can “buy” them if you decide to place ads. Play with Wordtracker.com (register for a free account – just be sure to cancel by day 7!) or Yahoo! or Google. One post per group here, as a comment on this page.
For Next Week: No Class, But…
- Find two examples of show notes – one exemplary, one that could use some work. Explain your reasoning. Post by 6 pm Tuesday.
- Draft show notes for your personal podcast; post by 6 pm Tuesday.
- Draft show notes for your group project; post by 6 pm Tuesday.
For Week After Next
- We’ll give one another feedback on personal podcast and final draft personal podcast documentation. [I’m happy to review your personal podcast in advance – the earlier the better!]
- We’ll talk about show notes and more about promotion
- We’ll give one another feedback on final draft group project documentation (if it’s ready)
- Final group project presentation in 3 weeks
- Apple FAQ For Podcasters
- A pre-built Flash player you can use on any WordPress blog where you have server control (you need to be able to install the plugin software)
- Flashblock – Firefox plugin to block Flash ads
- Photos/Images – check iStockPhoto & Flickr creative commons
- Snackr – RSS ticker! Addictive!
- WikiHow – how to promote your podcast
REMINDER – will review personal podcast if I get it soon!